After a long winter, most of us can’t wait to break out in the fresh, bright colors of spring. What better time to celebrate the season than Easter? Bring out your Sunday best in church attire carefully tailored in trend-right Easter prints and pastels.
Finding the most Flattering Easter Prints and Hues for You
What colors should you wear to church on Easter Sunday? Do you dress to impress every Sunday, holiday or not? What spring prints are making fashion news? According to Ashro’s trend patrol, the hottest palettes and patterns this year are especially flattering on darker skin tones.
Best Easter Brights – Many black women look amazing in vivid colors. If you’re one of them, consider a stunning church suit or jacket dress in deep yellow, fuchsia, violet, turquoise, coral or cobalt blue.
Prettiest Easter Pastels – If your idea of the perfect Easter outfit is a lovely spring dress in a pleasing pastel, the best shades of the season are lavender, pink, peach, mint, seafoam and silver/gray.
Perkiest Easter Prints – Fresh floral prints are big this year, both in tender pastels and emboldening brights. Geometrics and polka dots are always on trend—look for unexpected color combinations. And one look we absolutely adore: contemporary Afrocentric prints that will lift your spirits every time you wear them.
Wondrous White: A Timeless Choice for Easter Dressing
As much as we love the full spectrum of colors found in popular Easter prints and pastels, when it comes to elegant Easter outfits, many African American women would unfailingly choose a beautifully cut women’s white pant suit or stunning white dress for church. Paired with white heels and a church hat, it’s a chic, monochromatic look that never loses its charm.
This year, we’re loving white suits and dresses with white-on-white embellishments, such as lace overlays, beading and rhinestones. Another hot look: a mostly white skirt suit or jacket dress with fresh floral print trim, embroidered accents or intriguing cutouts at the sleeves and hem.
Easter Prints and Colors: What Do They Say About YOU?
You probably already know what spring colors look best on you, and best express your unique style statement. But every color has a deeper meaning. Do you know what your favorite Easter prints and colors say about you?
- Yellow – When you wear yellow, you radiate happiness and energy. Yellow—the brightest color perceived by the human eye—symbolizes sunshine, youth and friendship.
- Blue – Do you value tranquility and harmony? Then perhaps blue is your wardrobe color of choice. Light blues are cool and calming; deeper blues signify intelligence and loyalty. (No wonder blue is such a popular favorite!)
- Green – If you love green, perhaps you’re an earth mother. Green is the color of nature and healing. While shades like mint and seafoam convey vitality and growth, darker greens are associated with abundance and wealth.
- Orange – Are you adventurous? Do you like stealing the show? Then you may love wearing vibrant shades of tangerine and coral—stimulating colors of warmth and fun. If you’re drawn to softer citrus shades like peach and apricot, chances are, you’re in touch with your creative side.
- Purple – If you love purple, perhaps you’re descended from royalty! Nothing makes you feel more regal than deep, rich purple—the color of kings and queens. While violet hues convey mystery and magic, lavenders often project femininity and youth.
- Pink – We all know pink is the most feminine color on the spectrum (and also one of the most flattering). But shading is everything: while pale pinks can represent sweetness and romance, hot pinks convey confidence, energy and excitement. Go girl!
- White – White is a traditional favorite for church attire, since it’s symbolic of light, purity and piety in many cultures. However, white suits and dresses also convey simplicity and elegance—so it’s always a just-right choice.