Meet Ashro Woman of the Week, Angela from Bossier, Louisiana!
This beautiful lady knows how to keep her cup filled—literally. “My faith is my everything,” and quiet time with either a cup of tea or soup is one of those small things that makes her happy. As a mother, pastor’s wife, entrepreneur and educator, Angela is full of purpose and passion. She spends her time serving and educating children, counseling, coaching and motivating clients—and assisting her husband.
As a self-described fashionista, Angela loves fashion and style. ‘It’s about who I am.’ Today, she dresses up for church, speaking engagements, charities and other events. Her best advice? “Love a lot, worry a little and enjoy the journey!”
This advice has served her well through the challenge of coparenting her daughter and the triumph of having raised her to become “beautiful, kind, loving and a ray of light.” Allowing children to make mistakes and help them to learn from those mistakes is a lesson that Angela has learned as a mother. Having faith, of course, helps with that.
Where do you live (city & state)?
1. Why are you an Ashro woman?
Because I am a mother, a wife, an entrepreneur, an educator, a fashionista, a motivator! I’m every Woman!
2. What is your favorite part about fashion and style?
I love fashion and style! It’s being about of who I am since I was a young girl!
3. What makes you get up every morning?
4. Your best advice?
Love a lot! Worry a little and Enjoy the journey!
5. What small thing makes you happy?
Quiet time with either a cup of tea or soup.
6. What has been your greatest struggle…and your greatest (or latest) triumph?
My greatest struggle has been raising a daughter (co-parenting). My greatest triumph is my daughter! She’s beautiful, kind, loving, a ray of light!
7. How do you spend your free time?
Reading and traveling
8. What do you do for a living? What do you like most about it? What don’t you like?
I’m an entrepreneur so I do many things. My passion include: serving and educating children, counseling and coaching my clients and assisting my husband!
9. Who influenced you the most in your life. Why? And in what way?
The biggest influencer in my life would be me! I’m my biggest encourager and motivator!
10. What is your best dish? Who do you make it for—and where do you typically serve it?
Best dish is 3 meat spaghetti, green beans, biscuits and homemade peach cobbler! I make for my entire family!
11. Are you a woman of faith? How does that faith affect your life? Please tell us more.
Definitely! I’m a Pastor Wife! My faith is my everything!
12. What makes you laugh?
13. What lessons has motherhood (or being a grandmother) taught you?
Allow your children/child to make mistakes and help them to learn from them!
14. What occasions/events do you dress up for? (for example-do you often dress up for church, cultural events, charity events, going out, etc.) And how often do you typically get dressed up?
Church! Events, Speaking Engagements! Charity!
15. Do you wear hats? How often and what type of hat? Do you wear them to church? If so, be sure to share a pic of you in a hat with us!
Not often but I have.
16. Do you wear wigs? How often and what length or style? If so, be sure to share a pic of you in a wig with us!
17. Do you wear headwraps? How often? Where did you learn how to tie it? Share a pic of you in a headwrap with us!
18. Are you in a sorority? Or is anyone in your family in a sorority? If so, which one and what does it mean to you?
Yes! Zeta Phi Beta! Sisterhood, and Service
19. How would you describe the Ashro woman? How do you embody her? Does the brand mean something to you? Any memories associated with the catalog?
20. Below we’re asking for up to 5 photos. We love to see you dressed up for all your wonderful events! Can you please share where you are going and tell us about your outfit(s) in the text box below.
Church and other outings!
Thanks for inspiring us, Angela!
If you’d like a chance to be a future Ashro Woman of the Week, share your story with us—then watch your weekly Ashro emails to see if you’re featured next! Already filled out our questionnaire? Then you’re all set (you may see yourself featured in next week’s email)! Make sure to tell your friends and family to sign up for emails. We can’t wait to see you!