Plan an A Style Vacation
It’s time to escape to your summer retreat. According to the Mandela Research Firm, African American travel rakes in more than $48 billion in revenues in the United States alone. Black travelers are increasingly unearthing and discovering new, exotic places to see as well as visiting classic destinations they have loved for generations.
Contemplate vacationing at one of these popular destinations. (And, once you’ve made your reservations, visit the Ashro website to select the perfect wardrobe!)
International Jet-Setting Couples
Escape to Monaco on The French Riviera
This year, take an international trip with that special person. There are a number of beautiful countries and islands that you can consider. One such place is Monaco. Lovers are welcome to wander this amazing romantic country.
View the stunning Mediterranean Sea from Hotel Hermitage-Monte Carlo. Tour the picturesque Villa Ephrussi. Stroll along the Place due Palais. The blooming Exotic Garden and magnificent ocean view from the Blue Bay restaurant are additional favorites of loving twosomes.
Learn more about the country’s breathtaking sites.
If you have other luxury locales in mind, go to TripAdvisor to search info and get the best pricing on upscale accommodations.
Ladies of Leisure
Take a “Girls Only” Road Trip Along The Eastern Seaboard
Of course! You love being with your significant other, your children and your family. But there is just something really incredible about hanging out with your BFF, Besties or Girls. It’s high time you planned a “Ladies Only” road trip.
A great area to cover is the eastern seaboard. Pick three states that you can cover within a week.
If you’re up north, it would be ideal to triangulate around Old Port in Maine, Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts and the Black Heritage Trail of New Hampshire.
If you are further south, the Premium Outlets of Charlotte in North Carolina, fascinating Encore Resort at Reunion in Orlando, Florida and Presidents’ Quarters Inn and legendary River Street in Savannah, Georgia make for exciting excursions in this great trilogy of states. Here is a site that can help plan your trip.
Road trips are fun, quirky, entertaining, chic and unpredictable. Your clothing selection should offer versatility rivaling the tone of your trip’s theme.
When you visit the Bible Belt, dress your best for Sunday worship service at Savannah’s First African Baptist Church or First Bryan Baptist Church – two of the oldest black congregations in North America.
Take an All-Inclusive Vacation to Puerto Vallarta
There’s nothing like a beach vacay whether here in the states or abroad. Gather the kids and embark on a beachside escape and cultural expedition in Puerto Vallarta. The luxurious Hacienda Buenaventura Hotel & Mexican Charm is all-inclusive. Relish authentic Mexican cuisine. Bask in the sun while lying on hammocks. Go to the nearby Beach Club or frolic in the adult and kids’ pool onsite.
A Fantastic Voyage
Exploring, Exciting Exclusive African American Cruises
There’s just something special about taking a cruise. You are peacefully relaxing, wining and dining in a tranquil environment aboard luxury cruise ships setting sail to fascinating locales globally. Cruises also feature some of the best soirees, live entertainment, DJs and more.
As you plan your next cruise, choose one that caters exclusively to African American people. Black cruises have gained immense popularity. Some of the finest include Festival at Sea, Tom Joyner Foundation Fantastic Voyage Cruise, Grown and Sexy Cruise, The Soul Train Cruise and NPN Cruise among so many others.
For a comprehensive list of the most, alluring and exciting cruises for men and women of color, visit the Black Cruise Week website.
5 Travel blog/gers for Up-to-Date, Real Time Vacation Info
- Oneika The Traveler – @OneikaTraveller
- One Girl One World – @onegrloneworld
- Travel Lushes – @travellushes
- Leslie’s Lane – @LesliesLane
- World Wide Nate – @worldwidenate
5 Resources to Help You Plan the Best Vacay Ever
- The Black Travel Club – Join Group Trips of Exploration and Self-Discovery
- The True Colors of Travel: Filling in the Gaps in Tourism Marketing
- Soul of America – Fun, Comprehensive and Trusted Black Travel
- Favorite Links of Elaine Lee, Author of Go Girl: The Black Woman’s Book of Travel
- GoAbroad.com – Study, Intern, Volunteer, Teach or Do a GAP Year Abroad
10 Cool Articles on Hot Vacation Spots and Travel Tips for African Americans
- 15 Best Vacation Destinations for Black Couples
- 10 African American Friendly Destinations
- 10 Places Every Black Woman Should Visit in Her Lifetime
- The Five Best Places for African Americans to Travel
- Away You Go! The Official Guide to Road Trips Across the Country Worth Taking
- Rock Your Road Trip with These Seven Steps to a Great Getaway
- Six Exclusive Resorts and Luxury Locales That Are Well Worth The Visit
- Exciting Travel Destinations and the Best Travel Products by Leslie E. Royal – Upscale
- Nine Popular Travel Destinations You Can Visit on a Budget
- Popular Travel Destination Tips from Sheryl Nance-Nash – U. S. News & World Report
Leslie E. Royal is a Travel & Fashion Contributor for Ashro. An international freelance writer, her articles have appeared in Upscale, ESSENCE, Black Enterprise, FORTUNE.com, and The Wall Street Journal. She is the author of How to Write and Self-Publish Your Book for FREE with Amazon’s CreateSpace (Amazon $9.95) and Leslie’s Lane The Book! (Amazon $14.95). Follow her on @LesliesLane.