Ashro Woman: Carolyn L.
Meet Ashro Woman of the Week, Carolyn from Jacksonville Florida
This lovely pastor is married to a Bishop! She credits her husband as her biggest influence, “He has pushed me and always encouraged me to be all that God desires for me to be.”
As a patient accounts representative at a hospital, she helps, listens and encourages patients. As a mother, she strives “To be an example. To not judge my children, but to always love them, to encourage them and to let them know that I am so proud of them.”
For Carolyn, faith is what gives life substance. “Faith is what keeps me hoping and not giving up.” Carolyn also enjoys sewing, watching movies and FASHION. “When I put an outfit on, I own it, and I embrace it!”
Where do you live (city/state)?
1. Why are you an Ashro woman?
Because I’m Unique
2. What is your favorite part about fashion and style?
My favorite part about fashion and style is knowing that when I put an outfit on, I own it, and I embrace it!
3. What makes you get up every morning?
A will to live and to know that God has giving me another day to inspire, encourage and help someone else!
4. Your best advice?
Give God your best
!5. What small thing makes you happy?
Spending time just going for a ride, talking to, hanging out, or going out to lunch or dinner with my husband!
6. What has been your greatest struggle…and your greatest (or latest) triumph?
My greatest struggle has been walking in Confidence and being able to totally embrace who God has created me to be.
7. How do you spend your free time?
Sewing, reading God’s word, watching a movie and hanging with my hubby!
8. What do you do for a living? What do you like most about it? What don’t you like?
I am a Patient Accounts Representative at UF Health. What I like the most about it is that I’m able to help, listen and encourage patients.
9. Who influenced you the most in your life. Why? And in what way?
My husband has been my greatest influence. He has pushed me and always encouraged me to be all that God desires for me to be.
10. What is your best dish? Who do you make it for—and where do you typically serve it?
My best dish is shrimp boil packets and I always make these when we have guest over.
11. Are you a woman of faith? How does that faith affect your life? Please tell us more?
Yes I am! I’m a Pastor and my husband is a Bishop! The words says “ without faith, it is impossible to please God”. Without it my life has very little substance. Faith is what gets me through those those tough times, Faith is what keeps me hoping and not giving up.
12. What makes you laugh?
My husband, my kids, my grandkids, funny movies!
13. What lessons has motherhood (or being a grandmother) taught you?
To be an example. To not judge my children, but to always love them, to encourage them and to let them know that I am so proud of them.
14. What occasions/events do you dress up for? And how often in a year?
Our 20 year Wedding Anniversary, church events, Weddings
15. Are you in a sorority? Or is anyone in your family in a sorority? If so, which one and what does it mean to you?
No I’m not but my oldest daughter is AKA. I’m proud of her that she choose to be a part of the Sorority. I really have not had a lot of time to think about it, but if she is happy with it, then I’m happy for her.
16. How would you describe the Ashro woman? How do you embody her? Does the brand mean something to you? Any memories associated with the catalog?
Ashro women is awesome. Years ago I would get the catalog in the mail and I would only dream about being able to purchase something from the book, but one day I placed an order and after that it was history! The Ashro woman is amazing! I never thought much about the brand .
Thanks for inspiring us, Pastor Carolyn!
If you’d like a chance to be a future Ashro Woman of the Week, share your story with us—then watch your weekly Ashro emails to see if you’re featured next! Already filled out our questionnaire? Then you’re all set (you may see yourself featured in next week’s email)! Make sure to tell your friends and family to sign up for emails. We can’t wait to see you!
Congratulations big Sis, you are a blessing!
Congratulations Pastor Love (Mrs. Carolyn)! You really deserve this award. Everything we talk about, she gives me an answer spiritually based. I listen and my issues are truly resolved. She is truly your Astro Woman and Represents your Brand with Class and A Love For God.
Thank you Mishaun 💕💕💕
Lovely, lovely woman. You are amazing!
What an amazing woman’ Outstanding, I like how self-aware and in tune with self-knowing the support of family and the Lord …
Thank you so much! This is such an honor!