Ashro Woman: Robin B.
Meet Woman of the Week, Pastor Robin B. from Wheaton, MD!
“An Ashro woman is a woman who knows who she is and is not afraid for the world to see her. She walks with pride.”
Like many of us, Robin loves to dress up. She wears hats to church at least twice a month—and sometimes on the weekend with denim.”I dress up every day. I do it for myself because there was a time in my life when all I had was one pair of black slacks. I dress [up] because it makes me feel good.” As much as Robin loves style and fashion, she is also grounded by faith, family and a great attitude. “What makes me laugh is me. I have learned to laugh at me.”
We are so happy to call Robin PASTOR Robin because becoming a pastor is her “latest triumph”! Congratulations Robin! We also think it’s a beautiful thing that her latest triumph can go far beyond her life to inspire us! No matter what our calling, when we follow it and lean into it day after day, little by little, we become better—and so does the world.
Where do you live (city & state)?Wheaton, Maryland
1. Why are you an Ashro woman?I am an Ashro woman because the clothes are stylish and make statements
2. What is your favorite part about fashion and style?My favorite part about fashion and style it allows you to show the world who you are.
3. What makes you get up every morning?The fact the Lord allows me and I get to put on clothes that make me feel good.
4. Your best advice?My best advice would be learn your style and what looks good on you
.5. What small thing makes you happy?Giving or receiving a compliment
6. What has been your greatest struggle…and your greatest (or latest) triumph?My greatest struggle is finding clothes that fit and my greatest effort is finding Ashro. But my latest triumph is being a Pastor.
7. How do you spend your free time?I spend my free time embarrassing nature and with my family
8. What do you do for a living? What do you like most about it? What don’t you like?I am a Pastor. I love most that I help people.
9. Who influenced you the most in your life. Why? And in what way?My aunt influenced me the most. She introduced me to fashion and she was my greatest cheerleader regarding me taking care of myself.
10. What is your best dish? Who do you make it for—and where do you typically serve it?My best dish is Mac and Cheese. will make it for anyone. Anytime.
11. Are you a woman of faith? How does that faith affect your life? Please tell us more.Yes, I am a woman of faith. My faith allows me to see the beauty in God’s creation. It keeps me humble and I believe there is nothing God can’t do.
12. What makes you laugh?What makes me laugh is me. I have learned to laugh at me.
13. What lessons has motherhood (or being a grandmother) taught you?Motherhood has made me a better woman and person.
14. What occasions/events do you dress up for? (for example-do you often dress up for church, cultural events, charity events, going out, etc.) And how often do you typically get dressed up?I dress up everyday. I do it for myself because there was a time in my life when all I had was one pair of black slacks. I dress because it makes me feel good.
15. Do you wear hats? How often and what type of hat? Do you wear them to church? If so, be sure to share a pic of you in a hat with us!yes, I wear hats. I wear them at least twice a month to church or on the weekend with denim.
16. Do you wear wigs? How often and what length or style? If so, be sure to share a pic of you in a wig with us!No, I have never worn wigs.
17. Do you wear headwraps? How often? Where did you learn how to tie it? Share a pic of you in a headwrap with us!I have never worn head-wraps. But, I would love to try.
18. Are you in a sorority? Or is anyone in your family in a sorority? If so, which one and what does it mean to you?No, I am not in a sorority.
19. How would you describe the Ashro woman? How do you embody her? Does the brand mean something to you? Any memories associated with the catalog?
Thank you for inspiring us, Robin!
If you’d like a chance to be a future Ashro Woman of the Week, share your story with us—then watch your weekly Ashro emails to see if you’re featured next! Already filled out our questionnaire? Then you’re all set (you may see yourself featured in next week’s email)! Make sure to tell your friends and family to sign up for emails. We can’t wait to see you!