Angela Medearis Live on Ashro’s Facebook!
Check out Angela's Cookbook, The Kitchen Diva's New African-American Kitchen Cookbook at Ashro.com
May 12th, 2021: Healthy Eating
“Spices have no calories”
Visit Ashro’s Facebook page to catch the Live video on Wednesday 2PM CST to tune in!
May 5th, 2021: Health Relationships
“If it’s not one thing…it’s your Mother.”
Pics of Angela’s Mom and Angela.
Angela’s mother has had dementia for the last 15 years. Here’s a couple resources she uses:
April 28th: Healthy Kids
How to Raise Spiritually, Mentally, Emotionally & Physically Healthy Children by Angela Shelf Medearis
- Accept Christ as your personal savior and live a Christian life. The greatest gift that you can give your child is the gift of Faith in God. The decisions that you make about how you live your spiritual life will have an impact on your children and their children for generations to come. TEN INGREDIENTS PAGE 207-208
- You are the parent! You are not your child’s friend. You should aspire to be the “cool” mom or dad that allows your child to do anything that they want to do in order to keep them “happy.”
- Set the example and model the behaviors that you want your children to follow.
- “Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverb 22:6 KJV TEN INGREDIENTS PAGE 209-210
- Honestly tell your children about your past sins and what you were like as a child. TEN INGREDIENTS – PAGE 211
- Pray with your children. Prayer can be a step to starting a dialogue with your child about their concerns, fears and struggles. It also teaches them how to talk to the Lord and to have faith in Him. TEN INGREDIENTS PAGE 207-208
- Social media is one of the main reasons that many children are depressed, bullied, or commit suicide. Unsupervised use of the internet is often a gateway to porn sites and drug addiction, sexual extortion, and exposure to predators. What your child is posting on social media will live forever and could damage their reputation and career opportunities.
- Any phone or computer your child can access should have stringent parental controls. If you don’t know how to implement the parental control functions go to this site for assistance by Common Sense Media: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/blog/parents-ultimate-guide-to-parental-controls
PRIZE FOR 5 LUCKY WINNERS: Annie’s Gifts, written by Angela Medearis
Angela’s pics of her and her husband and daughter:
April 21st: Healthy Finances
More About Angela Medearis
Here’s her Onward & Upward with Leslie E. Royal video interview: