Gift-giving rule #1: never give the extraordinary women in your life an ordinary gift! Whether you’re celebrating a special lady’s birthday, looking for Mother’s Day gift ideas or another occasion, take the time to choose a standout gift that says “you’re special to me.”
At Ashro, we’re partial to Afrocentric gifts that honor both the recipient and her African American heritage. And for that special fashionista: unique clothing and accessories that complement her unique sense of style. With that in mind, here are 10 of our buyers’ favorite gift ideas for Mother’s Day, birthdays and beyond:
2. Would you love to see your favorite lady treat herself to some serious pampering? How about gifting her with a mom-and-me spa or salon day—complete with facials, massages, manicures, whatever she loves best.
4. Speaking of headgear, if your mom has a well-known weakness for church hats, consider treating her to a coveted Jack McConnell hat. Known as the “King of the Milliners,” McConnell’s timeless style and meticulous handcrafting lives on in our exclusive Jack McConnell collection.
5. For the woman who has everything, experience gifts make wonderful choices. A trip to the theater, a concert, dinner at the hottest restaurant in town—these will all be remembered long after those Mother’s Day bouquets have wilted.
6. A queen deserves to be adorned in sparkling jewels! Fine jewelry always makes a great gift, but don’t overlook dramatic fashion jewelry that she’d love indulging in but wouldn’t think to buy for herself.
7. Many African Americans have fascinating family histories waiting to be discovered. If she has an inquiring mind when it comes to your family’s roots, she just might love to receive her very own DNA test kit.
8. What woman doesn’t go wild for adorable—but comfortable—shoes? Give her the best of both worlds in a pair of leopard print or faux snakeskin flats or slides.
9. Spoil her a little, with an outfit designed by one of the hottest black fashion designers on the runway! For starters, check out our exclusive Reuben Reuel collection of flattering misses and plus size fashions!
10. Want to give her a truly extraordinary, once-in-a-lifetime gift? Treat her to a weekend trip to the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture in Washington D.C. It’s an experience you’ll both remember for the rest of your lives.